Fleece & Thank You, a Michigan-based non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing connection, comfort, and hope through its programs, services, and materials to children facing illness and their families supporting them.
They host over 400 blanket-making events every year to help achieve their goal of making 30,000 fleece blankets one blanket for every child in MI that goes into the hospital for inpatient treatments. 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗿 𝗴𝗼𝗮𝗹 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗱 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗽𝗶𝘁𝗮𝗹 𝘁𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮 𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗿𝗳𝘂𝗹, 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗳𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗰𝗲 𝗯𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗸𝗲𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮 𝘃𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗼 𝗺𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗮𝗴𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘀𝘂𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗶𝘁𝘀 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲𝗿. Their warehouse is where all of their behind-the-scenes work happens.
VT Seva Detroit Volunteers got their first opportunity on August 16th, 2021, got this opportunity to help them from 3 pm-5 pm at their warehouse. Around 8 volunteers did these tasks.
1. Prepping their blanket kits
2. Quality check on those blankets
3. Folding the blankets after a final check
4. Wrapped them up with a plastic wrap
5. Packed them in kits for final delivery to hospitals.
6. Coloring the thank you cards that they were doing for Hug buddy postcards for mental health people that is for View spire organization.
𝗧𝗵𝗲𝘀𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘃𝗼𝗹𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱.
𝗬𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗵 𝘃𝗼𝗹𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗘𝗲𝘀𝗵𝗮,𝗩𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀𝗵𝗮 , 𝗡𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗲𝗻,𝗞𝗮𝘂𝘀𝘁𝘂𝗯𝗵 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗥𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗶
𝗔𝗱𝘂𝗹𝘁 𝘃𝗼𝗹𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗗𝘂𝗿𝗴𝗮 ,𝗩𝗮𝗻𝗶, 𝗩𝗮𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗵𝗮
VT Seva Detroit Volunteers got their second opportunity on November 20th, 2021 to help them 9 am -12 pm at their warehouse. Around 12 volunteers did these tasks.
This is our second visit there and we really loved helping them and being part of their kind wonderful cause.
Our volunteers did various tasks such as
1. Cutting the strip cloth
2. Hot pressing labels on each blanket
3. Bundling all the blankets neatly and stack in covers & boxes
4. Folding blankets
5. Organizing warehouse blankets storage boxes finally cleaned their work area.
On a whole we all worked on 1000 blankets which are ready for a child to use in a hospital
Video Compilation of photos link:
VT Seva Detroit thank Fleece &Thankyou coordinators for giving us these opportunities and We are looking forward to provide our services to Fleece&Thankyou in 2022 as well whenever an opportunity arrives.